Based off of a recipe from American Test Kitchens.
1 hour, 20 minutes
1 1⁄2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1⁄2 t salt
1 1⁄4 c sugar
1 c butter, melted
1 1⁄2 t vanilla extract
2 c confectioners sugar
1⁄4 c lemon juice
2 T butter, softened
1 T lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 4" x 8" loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract
- Add hot, melted butter slowly
- Add in the dry ingredients in three portions, mixing until smooth.
- Add mixture to loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Then run a knife around the edge of the loaf and remove from pan to cool completely.
- Beat the confectioners sugar, lemon juice, butter, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Pour half over the cake, cool in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, and then pour the other half over the cake.