Based off of a recipe from American Test Kitchens.
1 hour, 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 4" x 8" loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract
- Add hot, melted butter slowly
- Add in the dry ingredients in three portions, mixing until smooth.
- Add mixture to loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Then run a knife around the edge of the loaf and remove from pan to cool completely.
- Beat the confectioners sugar, lemon juice, butter, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Pour half over the cake, cool in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, and then pour the other half over the cake.