An excellent, basic, cheesecake
1 10 inch cake
1 hour, 15 minutes
3 tablespoons melted butter
18 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 pounds cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
33/50 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Whisk flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
- Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
- When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
the original recipe called for 1 teaspoon each of lemon zest and orange zest. I prefer to not add them in.