Produces a dozen moist cupcakes
1 c flour
1 c sugar
6 T cocoa powder
1 t baking soda
1⁄2 t salt
1⁄2 c buttermilk
1⁄2 c vegetable oil
3⁄4 t vanilla extract
1⁄2 c hot water
- Preheat oven to 300 °F
- Combine all the dry ingredients
- Add in all the wet ingredients except for water until well belnded.
- Add in the water to slacken the batter.
- Pour into cupcake liners about 1/2 way
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin then completely on a wire rack.