Produces a dozen moist cupcakes
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 300 °F
- Combine all the dry ingredients
- Add in all the wet ingredients except for water until well belnded.
- Add in the water to slacken the batter.
- Pour into cupcake liners about 1/2 way
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin then completely on a wire rack.