2 c flour
1⁄2 c sugar
2 t baking powder
1⁄2 t salt
3⁄4 c milk
1⁄2 c melted butter
8 oz dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, butter, and eggs together until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir with a silicone spatula just until combined.
- Stir in the dried fruit until evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar if using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
These can come out a little pale. You can try adding granulated sugar sprinkled on top to help with that.