This recipe was given to me by a German friend, Ines Lüders.
2 hours, 20 minutes
500 g flour
20 g yeast
1 t salt
1 c water (warm, quantity to desired to texture)
- Mix all ingredients until a thick dough is formed and everything is incorporated.
- Kneed until the dough is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Proof in covered container until doubled in size (about an hour)
- Punch down and divide into 6 portions. Shape into bun shape, cover, and proof for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut the top of the bun with a knife, mist with water.
- Add water to a pan in the oven and bake at 450 F for 15 min, then flip and bake for another 5 minutes.